Popular Posts

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Martyrs

While trying to find states that are undermined, I am shocked of all the little information they have on most saints. I mean are they just trying to make fillers in the sense? Well researching I found out that most saints are martyrs and according to Christian tradition all martyrs are immediately canonized.  The first 10 Popes or so were saints because of this very reason. During the early years of the church records were not of most people. Still whenever a martyr is recognize it he or she is canonized. St. Florentius, feast day of April 6, what's a martyr in the fourth century. He was martyred with Geminianus and Saturus. They suffered at Sirmium. I find it curious that no matter how these people live their life and they died for Christ they are immediately canonized. I'm not saying that you should dying the name of Christ and you will be a saint. But I think how a person dies says a lot of of their state of mind. I mean if a person commits suicide he or she obviously has a troubled mind; if a person dies for Christ here she is obviously full of faith. I personally believe that if a person dies for his faith, he or she is obviously going to heaven, which essentially that's what a saint is: a person who the church is recognized is in the presence of God in heaven. So remember to always live your life to the holiest and try to keep God in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment